Offices are based in Harwell, Oxfordshire with homeworking options
Benefits: 28 days holiday, Pension, Private healthcare, Life Insurance & Income Protection
Salary £36k – £40k per annum.
“Help us change lives and protect the Ocean”
OceanMind’s CEO is looking for an Executive Assistant who can help maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the CEO Office and its various strategic initiatives, including engagement with the board. The CEO Office is responsible for the strategic development of the organisation in line with OceanMind’s vision, which includes coordinating with all departments to roll down strategy and objectives, developing metrics and KPIs, driving process improvement initiatives, developing and monitoring budgets, and ensuring operational efficiency. The Executive Assistant will collaborate closely with the CEO in ensuring that these initiatives are successful. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, effective, proactive, and exceptionally well organised. The EA will be able to adapt to the style of the CEO when acting on his behalf with professionalism and discretion.
Executive Assistant duties will include:
- Ensuring the CEO’s time is efficiently and effectively spent on the most important activities. This will include managing and prioritising the CEO’s calendar, emails, meetings, and actions.
- Collating information from various departments to develop budgets, monitor progress on objectives, prepare and publish reports, and maintaining KPI dashboards.
- Managing legal and contractual reviews with outsourced legal teams
- Researching information to support the CEO’s strategic initiative development, including market trends, partner activities, and funder news.
- Completing administrative tasks for the CEO such as taking telephone calls, drafting correspondence, organising meetings, preparing agendas, booking travel, managing events attendance, organising speaking engagements, drafting reports, preparing presentations and spreadsheets, and taking minutes.
- Liaising with board members, scheduling and minuting board and committee meetings, arranging agendas, and monitoring actions.
The successful candidate will:
- Have 5+ years’ experience supporting C-level executives with business activities.
- Experience in non-profit organisations.
- Proven experience of receiving and reviewing different and often complex data and information and collating into a usable format for the CEO.
- Motivated and focused, a strategist and doer with the ability to streamline and deliver activities and confidential projects within the business based on the requirements of the CEO.
- Act as a solid gatekeeper and can build relationships across a growing team.
- A natural communicator with the ability to implement and make decisions without much direction.
- Ability to adopt the CEO’s style in communications and meetings.
- Can exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with exceptionally strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organisational skills.
- Proven analytical experience and research abilities.
- High commercial awareness and judgement with a focus on the business strategies and plans.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of building and improving business processes and procedures.
- Excellent ability to prioritise and pre-empt requirements.
- Excellent IT knowledge, including all aspects of Office 365.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with the upmost discretion.
What we can offer you?
Ocean Mind believes that learning and development never stops and will provide opportunities to feed your curiosity to understand, develop, and learn. Every day you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment to high standards.
A full job description will be provided to candidates selected for an initial telephone interview. CVs will be reviewed soon after their submission. Potential applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in the UK without restrictions. Due to the large number of responses, we receive, if you have not heard from us in 10 days please understand your application was not successful on this occasion.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: Katehr@oceanmind.global