Governments and Authorities
OceanMind provides support for all aspects of monitoring, control and surveillance (MCS) for governments and authorities around the world, including fisheries authorities, coast guard, naval units, and regional fisheries management organisations (RFMOs).
Our services include:
- Capacity building and training for monitoring, control and surveillance
- Cost-effective remote surveillance, intelligence gathering, and patrol support
- Investigation into suspected non-compliance in support of prosecution
- End-to-end support for effective case management leading to successful prosecution, including evidence preparation and testimony advice
- Cutting-edge technology for “dark vessel” detection
- Automated tools for vessel compliance analysis with real-time alert feed
- Global database of current and historic vessel identity and fishing authorisations
- Technology assessments and training
- Policy and regulation review and reform
Case Study: Thailand
OceanMind provided monitoring, control and surveillance advice, capacity building, training and direct support to the Royal Thai Department of Fisheries. Working in collaboration with the Seafood Task Force and OceanMind, the Royal Thai Government completely reformed its fisheries regulations, developed a new Fisheries Management Centre, and greatly increased effective control over the Thai-flagged fishing fleet. As a result of its efforts the Royal Thai Government was able to transition from an EU Yellow Card to a Green Card in the space of only 3 years.